Cybersecurity Consulting: What is it and what are its advantages?
Did you know that in Spain there are an average of more than 40,000 cyber-attacks per day?
The fact that profiles specialized in cybersecurity continue to be among the most in demand is no coincidence. The annual increase of 125% in cyber-attacks during the last year in the country is not a random fact either, it is for this reason that the serious concern that revolves around the preservation and protection of data and sensitive information by all organizations, has encouraged the interest and demand for hiring cybersecurity consulting services, but let's see exactly what it consists of.
What is cybersecurity consulting?
Cybersecurity consulting aims to implement specific techniques to prevent, protect and improve the performance of information flows within an organization.
Carried out by expert cybersecurity consultants, the process is equivalent to that of an audit in which the aim is to test the responsiveness of systems, personnel, and associated action protocols in the event of the detection of any security breach.
Phases of a cybersecurity consultancy:
Whether it is the detection of security breaches in servers, devices, web applications or databases, these being some of the most prominent examples; cybersecurity consulting encompasses many more functions within its area of action, and in which teams of experts will work some main areas:
1. Gathering internally and externally available information and data
2. Review and scanning of the entire network and its systems performing a comprehensive control
3. Analysis of operating system profiles and service profiles.
4. Definition of security policies to achieve availability, integrity and confidentiality of data.
5. Elaborate a plan and protocol of action in case of any incident directed to the personnel, systems or use of the devices.
What are the benefits of a cybersecurity consultancy?
Some of the benefits that a cybersecurity audit can provide to any organization are:
- Confidentiality and restricted use of information: Defining relevant access protocols and roles
- Compliance with legislation: In terms of current regulations.
- Reputation enhancement: Acquiring a more secure and reliable corporate image.
- Risk reduction: Preparedness and increased collective awareness of all staff will improve operational and IT infrastructure efficiency.
- Reduced costs and greater resilience: The use of the right IT security tools will reduce the chances of suffering a cyber-attack that violates the organization's operational capacity.
Do you need a cybersecurity consultant?
When do companies know that they have been attacked? Do we really know what steps we should take to keep all our data safe? In Intelequia we put at your disposal our team of professional experts in cybersecurity accredited with the highest Microsoft certifications in addition to being recognized with the Offensive Security Certificate (OSCP), if you need more information do not hesitate to contact us.