Why implement a virtual PBX in the cloud in your company?
As we mentioned a few months ago, virtual PBXs have become a highly requested resource by sales managers or customer service departments compared to traditional telephony models because of the great benefits implicit in collaborative work models in the cloud. In fact, the integration of Microsoft Teams with your phone system allows the user to unify all their communications in a single app: chat, meetings, calls to landlines and mobiles as well as allowing you to work with the entire Microsoft 365 environment.
So, let's get to know all the advantages of working with a virtual PBX in the cloud.
What is a Virtual PBX in the cloud?
A virtual PBX in the cloud or cloud PBX is a telephone system based on Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology that does not require physical infrastructure because it is located on a cloud server. It is managed from a web interface that allows the user to make calls and connect with other applications of the company in a more agile and faster way unlike a traditional PBX.
However, at this point some doubts usually arise about what VoIP services and IP technology really are, let's see what each one is.
Differences between VoIP and IP telephony
At first glance these concepts may seem similar but they are not.
- VoIP: or also called voice over IP, refers to the set of resources that allow voice transmission and data transmission functionality through a call made over the Internet using the IP protocol.
- IP telephony: It is the telephone service that allows to operate with VoIP technology.
What can I do with a virtual PBX and Microsoft Teams?
When we talk about Microsoft Teams we are talking about one of the main collaborative tools on the market. Its versatility and easy integration has achieved that more than one hundred million people use it daily. So let's take a look at some of its most relevant features:
- Immediate VoIp call management: You can make calls from a phone in Teams without the need for configuration to landlines, mobiles or between the same application.
- Flexible configuration options: No need for a connection to the public switched telephone network thanks to the Microsoft 365 Business Voice service allows Teams to become a VoIP telephone system RTC with which to make or receive calls from any geographical location.
- Video calling: Regardless of your device and location.
- Flexibility: You can keep your current phone network and connect Teams through it.
- Operability: You will have your call history, file storage, pop-up notification windows, recording, voicemail, and music for your calls on hold.
Beyond all this, some of the most practical features are:
Having a Warm Transfer service: In this way the call transfer will allow your work teams to share information and files about the customer's demands before transferring the call to a manager, thus allowing your operator to offer a better service by having this valuable information at the click of a button.
Implementation of Power Dialer: With this option your agents will be able to have an automatic dialer that allows them to make a call up to 4 times faster.
Integrations: You can have all the information related to your customer call record from your CRM Dynamics 365 or easily work with Power Platform to build a specific application that meets your operational needs.
Analytics: Evaluate your and your teams' performance in real time and even configure your own dashboards in Power BI for accurate and localized business intelligence.
What are the advantages of working with a virtual PBX as opposed to a traditional telephone service?
The main reasons why sales or customer service teams choose to work with a virtual PBX in the cloud are associated with cost savings, reliability and scalability that allows this system, so we could summarize it in:
- Economic Savings: By not requiring a physical infrastructure we eliminate the costs associated with its maintenance.
- Remote work: We do not have to be in the office to make use of a PBX, being hosted in the cloud this service can work from anywhere.
- Centralized management: All information and file storage gathered in one place.
- Provided with all standard telephony services: With the benefit of working in a cloud environment.
- Increased productivity: The use of collaborative tools improves the operational, resolution and response capacity of your employees.
How much does a virtual PBX cost and how can I start operating with it?
We must bear in mind that there is no fixed price, since the needs of each company are different and when we configure a virtual PBX service it must be adapted to each organization. Like any service hosted in the cloud, the price is directly related to the resources used, i.e., you pay for what you consume; nothing more. It can depend on several factors, such as the minutes consumed, the number of users with access to the service or the amount of functionalities requested by the company.
If you are interested in knowing how this service works and would like to implement it in your organization, write us a contact form to receive a free Demo, we will be happy to show you first hand the great benefits that VoiP telephony services can bring to your company.