Why should you migrate to Microsoft 365?
In the digital era, the evolution of technology and the growing demand for a much more flexible access to tools to increase user productivity has highlighted the important contribution that cloud solutions provide to the business sector when deciding whether or not to make a migration to these environments.
In this context, Microsoft 365 has become the suite par excellence of the modern workplace allowing many organizations that already operated under an Exchange on-premise model to make the leap to a much more dynamic, agile and highly available work environment on any device, significantly influencing the requirements of the figure of all CIO; to find a much safer model, whose management, maintenance and cost per seat, is much more beneficial to the operation of work teams.
For many, email is an essential tool in the day to day of any communication process in a company and in this sense, having the ability to enhance operational efficiency becomes a fundamental challenge for companies, so let's see why you should migrate your work environment and email to Microsoft 365:
10 Advantages of migrating to Microsoft 365
- Accessibility: You can operate from any location and device independently.
- Security and compliance: Microsoft has multiple layers of security and governance, including multi-factor authentication, threat detection and protection against phishing and malware present in all subscriptions.
- Collaborative environment: Microsoft 365 contains a very complete suite of applications that includes a multitude of collaboration tools for teams such as Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint ... allowing them to work in real time on the same document.
- Ease of use: The administration and management of Microsoft 365 is very simple.
- Scalability: Growth in the cloud has no limits so you can always adapt the plan and subscription to your needs.
- Updates: Patches and updates are included in the service and are automated.
- High Availability: Data is always available wherever you are.
- SaaS: Microsoft 365 is a pay-per-use solution, deciding at all times what services or plans to include.
- Increased productivity: The integration of all products in a single environment allows teams to reduce dependence on IT and work on the same content centrally from anywhere.
- Resilience: If for any reason the device fails, business continuity is not paralyzed as users can continue working from the cloud on any other terminal through a simple login.
Is Microsoft 365 secure?
Cybercriminals are constantly looking for different ways to exploit vulnerabilities in the systems causing in many occasions high risk incidents for corporate information that put system administrators in more than one predicament, however, one of the main benefits of migrating to Microsoft 365 is that patches and updates are automatically implemented in addition to including other complementary services that secure the entire environment, such as:
- Automatic MFA: Allowing the configuration of multi-factor authentication and advanced conditional access policies for users with much more accurate verification methods at the device level.
- Information governance: Being able to define confidentiality labels specifically for blocks of information, restricting access according to the role played by each user.
- Protection against threats: Anti-phishing measures or the risk of exploits that many companies may have been affected by, are left in the background thanks to Microsoft Defender, becoming a perfect SIEM for prevention, detection and threat.
- Regulatory compliance: The risk of PST files that may compromise security or GDPR in your environment no longer has a place thanks to the almost unlimited storage of mailboxes that are available to migrate, centralize and properly manage this type of data.
Did you know that Microsoft will withdraw support for Exchange Server 2013 in 2023?
With the purpose of withdrawing support for legacy servers and platforms by Microsoft with the intention of reducing server, energy and maintenance costs, support for Exchange Server 2013 will disappear; so this year 2023, it will be of vital importance for many organizations to make the change and migration to the cloud if they want to avoid security breaches and take advantage of cloud storage in an accurate way.
How can Intelequia help you?
Our team of experts will accompany you during all phases of your migration process:
- Implementation and configuration of Microsoft 365
- Automation of business processes and flows
- Mail migrations (Google Workspace, POP3/IMAP providers, Microsoft Exchange server)
- Document migration ( SharePoint, Google Drive..)
- Virtual desktops implementation
- Document management and digital signature
Do you want to know more? Contact us at