Low Code: Definition, Advantages and Power Platform
The era of digitization has brought with it many advances in efficiency, usability and coding, and among them have emerged some solutions in the field of programming to revolutionize the development of applications such as low code technologies, but what exactly is it and why do we keep hearing about them?
Solving the needs and meeting the expectations of customers in terms of development is often not an easy task for many organizations in a globalized and interconnected environment, which is why it is taking into account the benefits of integrating low code technologies.
What is Low Code?
Low code refers to the technology designed to facilitate people's accessibility to the world of development. Through a visual "drag and drop" interface, low code platforms facilitate the creation of software or applications without requiring the presence of an expert developer during the process.
This programming model is focused on providing users with a tool that allows them to work directly in a development environment without having a technical background and to complete business applications quickly. In this way, it allows to improve operational efficiency within an organization, while the most qualified developers allocate their time to larger tasks.
Low code vs no code
The term low code is also closely related to the term "no code" applications, however, although both are intended to fulfill the same purpose, the difference is that low code technology is intended for the development of customized applications or systems and no code solutions are aimed at satisfying a specific, simple and fast task that does not require integration with other resources.
What are the advantages of Low Code technology for an organization?
- Reduced development time: Its drag and drop interface speeds up execution times and facilitates integration with other apps.
- Cost reduction: The speed associated with its creation, deployment and maintenance reduces the costs associated with production.
- Increased resources: The platforms provide users with a set of functions to simplify their development, thus allowing work teams to reinforce their planning and invest time and resources in other projects.
- Increased productivity: By allowing non-technical users to easily develop applications, more experienced developers can spend their time on larger projects.
- Leveraging the Cloud: The possibilities of working in a cloud environment allows users better availability of their resources, deployment capacity and security of their environment.
Power Platform the low code par excellence
Power Platform is Microsoft's "low-code" platform. It is a set of integrated tools within M365 whose mission is to build intelligent, scalable and automated applications to improve business productivity and efficiency in the cloud.
Composed of Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agents applications, they provide users with tools that facilitate the development, integration and workload reduction of IT departments. These in turn are based on Common Data Service, which allows storing all the organization's data, facilitating the security and use of these data in their applications.
The platform's applications are:
- Power Apps: For the development of business applications.
- Power Automate: For the automation of processes through AI.
- Power BI: For business intelligence and data analysis in real time.
- Power Virtual Agent: For the creation of intelligent bots.
Try a Low Code platform such as Power Platform
At Intelequia we have a team of experts in the development of Business Applications applying low code technology with Power Platform in numerous organizations and projects. If you want to know more in depth what use cases can be integrated in your organization do not hesitate to contact us.
I want a demo