Optimize your services and internal management with RPA
The eradication of repetitive tasks has become one of the critical points that organizations all over the world are trying to make tangible through process automation in order to consolidate the operability of all their work teams, because... Who wouldn't prefer to be more efficient in the shortest possible time, and this is where RPA comes into play.
What is RPA?
Process automation, or RPA, consists of employing technology based on the use of software or "bots" developed from low-code applications that make it possible to reduce human intervention in the use of repetitive computer tasks through the use of previously configured rules. In this way, all users can increase their productivity by eliminating all those barriers that could delay their work.
Basically, what an RPA does is to map the processes carried out by users through automated flows, so that a script or robot executes a specific action almost immediately and can be integrated through APIs with other business applications and thus eliminate, for example, large workloads in many processes such as back-office that may occur in companies of any sector.
Its strong competitive advantage is that RPA software is usually combined with cognitive technology and artificial intelligence, thus allowing it to emulate the work of a human.
Why use robotic process automation? RPA Benefits
As we have seen, with RPA, users can create "bots" that allow them to learn, mimic and execute business processes to facilitate their daily performance, but this technology is increasingly on the rise, in fact; according to Gartner's forecast, it is estimated that by 2023, the assisted form of RPA will evolve towards the use of voice and Mobile automations to further optimize the user experience.
But what are all the benefits?
1) Efficiency: An RPA is operational 24/7, executing tasks faster than a user would with 100% reliability and accuracy.
2) Cost savings: Time savings allow investment to be distributed to other areas of the business.
3) Integration: RPA technologies can be easily integrated with other management or reporting tools through the use of APIs.
4) Scalability: It is possible to implement as many solutions as required, allowing the strategy to be perfectly aligned among all departments.
5) Non-invasive technology: The intervention of the bots does not paralyze or take precedence over the execution of other company processes.
7 Examples of processes automated with RPA
Organizations in many industries have already integrated the use of RPA applications to improve their production processes or customer experience. Let's take a look at some practical examples:
- Financial sector: For the automation of sales orders, invoicing or forecasting.
- Healthcare: For the management of medical data and records or the prior authorization of patients.
- Manufacturing: For automation of ERP processes or stock management.
- Logistics Sector: Can be used for distribution report generation or tracking controls.
- Customer Service: A common use can be for query sorting and automated response generation.
- E-Commerce: For purchase order management or report generation.
- HR: For the administration of employee information, payroll generation, profile classification, etc.
Do you know Power Automate?
On previous occasions, we have seen in this blog some examples of RPA as is the case of Power Automate allowing us to simplify our business processes through simple configurations made through this low code tool capable of connecting with hundreds of applications and services.
Formerly known as Microsoft Flow, Power Automate is part of the Power Platform ecosystem. This SaaS-based solution automates the use of applications and services by creating workflows based on APIs combined with AI. In addition, it is capable of enabling the reception of notifications, synchronizing files or automating data transcription to improve the user experience.
In fact, we are increasingly seeing how automation capabilities are more and more associated with improving the user experience as is the case of RPA with Power Automate for Windows 11 in which we can discover new features to streamline the administration of actions as basic as reducing the time spent manually copying and pasting Excel details for invoice generation to automate these processes.
If you have found it interesting or would like more information, at Intelequia we have a team of experts specialized in the development of intelligent solutions with Power Platform ready to answer all your questions in a personalized way and share with you some of our success stories.
Contact us without obligation!